Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Our hearts go out to Boyd, Silva and all associated....

As much as I would love to update everyone on my trip to Bermuda, it will have to wait....  Once again, today I was reminded of how small  the eventing community is and how much compassion we have for each other.  There is a bond amongst eventers that I have never seen in any other equestrian sport.  Is it the love of our horses?  The overly difficult work we put into them to be able to go out there and complete Horse Trials?  The guts it takes to go out to that start box, every time,  and give it our all for our horses, because we owe that to them?  Or is it a culmination of all of these things?  Whatever it is, it is there, and today when I went on useventing.com, my heart broke......the same as it did when I learned that Jennie Branngian's "Cooper" passed away from complications to an injury sustained in a freak accident at Fair Hill a couple of years ago, or when I read that the beloved super pony, Theodore O' Connor" (Teddy), passed away due to injuries from a freak spook while being led out to the arena, the same that it breaks every time I read about anyone losing their beloved horse.  In the eventing world, we all get to know these horses.  It is that small of a community.  For those of you who do not know what I am getting to, this morning around 12:30 a.m, Boyd Martin's barn caught fire and 6 horses were lost.  Thankfully due to the quick reactions of Lillian Heard, Caitlin Silliman and Ryan Wood, several horses were saved.  I attached the link to the full story at Eventing Nation below and also the link from useventing.com


http://eventingnation.com/home/2011/05/fire-at-boyd-martins-barn-at-true-prospect-farm.html

http://useventing.com/competitions.php?id=2815

Please keep everyone associated with theses great horses in your hearts and give your horse a extra big hug when you see them.  Shane and I always say that we get caught up in the minor issues that we go through with our ponies, and these tragedies are always an overwhelming reminder to not get caught up in things that appear almost silly.  We are so lucky for everyday that we have with these wonderful creatures and should not take a moment for granted.....

No comments:

Post a Comment